|Profession(s)||Actor, Assistant Film Director|
|Famous For||Being the son of the veteran Bollywood actress, Bhagyashree|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota (2018)
Film (Director): Dum Maaro Dum (2011)
|Award||Filmfare Award for ‘Best Male Debut’ for the film “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota” (2020)
|Date of Birth||21 February 1990 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Finance|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing Football, Watching Films|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Himalaya Dasani (Entrepreneur)
Mother– Bhagyashree Raje Patwardhan (Actress)
Sister– Avantika Dasani
|Actor(s)||Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, Amitabh Bachchan, Denzel Washington|
|Film(s)||A Wednesday (2008), I loved Remember the Titans (2000), The Departed (2006)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhimanyu Dasani
- Does Abhimanyu Dasani drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born to Himalaya Dasani and the veteran actress Bhagyashree.
- His maternal grandfather, Vijay Singhrao Madhavrao Patwardhan is a descendant of the Maharaja of Sangli.
- After doing a major in finance, Abhimanyu enrolled himself in New York Film Academy to pursue a course in acting.
- Subsequently, he learnt acting from The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in California.
- He has also attended Anupam Kher‘s acting institute to learn acting.
- He started working at the age of 16.
- Abhimanyu had done many businesses before becoming an actor. Some of his businesses include openning up an event management firm, a scrap metal re-sale shop, a football turf, a martial arts centre, and dealing in imported electronic wheelchairs from China.
- In 2011, he assisted the film director, Rohan Sippy in the Bollywood film “Dum Maro Dum.” It was followed by assisting Sippy in the film “Nautanki Saala.”
- He started his acting career by playing the role of “Surya” in the Bollywood film “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota.”
- He has also featured in the Bollywood films, “Nikamma” and “Aankh Micholi.”
- Abhimanyu is very particular about his fitness and follows a strict workout regimen.
View this post on Instagram
I usually hit the Bars on #sunday ? Not so #Nikamma ??♂️
- He is a bike enthusiast.
- Dassani is passionate about dogs.
- Abhimanyu got trained in martial arts for around six months for his Bollywood debut “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota.”
- He shared during an interview that all the stunts in the film “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota,” were done by him without using any body doubles.
- Dassani’s “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota” co-star, Radhika Madan, shared during an interview that Abhimanyu never behaved like a star kid. While sharing an incident, she said,
Abhimanyu does not behave like a star kid at all. When I was introduced to him, he just told me about his studies abroad and I used to joke with him saying, ‘Film courses karne se koi actor nahi banta hai’. One day, for a story session, I went to his home and I saw a photograph of him with Bhagyashreeji. I freaked out and asked him if he is her fan. That’s when he told me that she is his mother. I was embarrassed and stopped bullying him. Also, he is very patient and hard-working.”