|Profession||Social and Political Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 152 cm
in meters– 1.52 m
in feet & inches– 5’
|Political Party||Indian National Congress Student’s Union Forbes India|
|Designations||• 2016-2017: National General Secretary, NSUI
• 2012-2016: National Secretary, NSUI
• 2012-2013: Delhi University Students’ Union Executive Committee
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• She was listed in Forbes India’s Under 30 for her work on politics and policies in 2017.
• She was listed among 7 women who made the north-eastern region of India proud by SheThePeopleTv in 2016.
|Date of Birth||22 January 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|Hometown||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Andrews Ganj, New Delhi|
|College/University||• Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University
• Peking University, China
|Educational Qualification(s)||• She did her school education from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Andrews Ganj, New Delhi Angellica’s LinkedIn Account
• She earned a degree in Biochemistry with honours from Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University in 2012. Angellica Aribam
• In 2018, she went on to Peking University, China for pursuing her Master’s degree in Public Policy. The Bridge
• She joined law school at the age of 20. Women Foreign Policy
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Aribam M Sharma
Mother– (Late) Thoibi Devi
|Siblings||She is youngest of her three siblings.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Angellica Aribam
- Angellica Aribam decided to join politics at the age of 20, thinking that politics was the only way to change the status of a woman in Indian society.
- She did her masters from Peking University on a full governmental scholarship in 2017-18. Angellica Aribam
- Angellica Aribam was featured on the cover page of the Eastern Eye, a British newspaper, as the top 10 successful Indians under 30 in 2018.
- Angellica Aribam was featured on the cover page of Vogue India in 2020 along with the seven other most beautiful women from the Indian northeast state. In a conversation with a media house, she disclosed her beauty secrets as,
In my experience, the one ‘beauty tool’ that you can never go wrong with is self-confidence. So wear it always.”
- The Prime Minister of Peru Violeta Bermudez and Angellica are good friends.
- As per Angellica, her encounter with racism impelled her to join politics. She explained in an interview her experiences of discrimination as a northeast Indian,
I was racially discriminated against, more so because of my Mongoloid features. I decided that the only mode of survival was to either ignore this or to fight back. As I grew up, I chose the latter. I realised someone needs to stand up against this discrimination that often leads to violence against Northeasterners and the only way to do something was to join politics.”
- As a public speaker and a motivator, Angellica has been often invited by various public motivational programs for delivering speeches for the upliftment of women status in India along with anti-racism lectures.
- Angellica Aribam shaved off her hair in 2021 to say no to the stereotype social norms regarding women’s hair.
- Angellica Aribam and her life struggles against racial discrimination is often featured by various Indian magazines and tabloids on their cover page.
- Angellica Aribam is also an author, and she also writes quotes to promote women empowerment in India.
|↑2||Angellica’s LinkedIn Account|
|↑3, ↑10||Angellica Aribam|
|↑5||Women Foreign Policy|
|↑6||Women Foreign Policy|