|Profession(s)||Actress & Model|
|Famous Role(s)||• ‘Nurse Poorna’ in the film “Tiger Zinda Hai” (2017)
• ‘Nagmati’ in the film “Padmaavat” (2018)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.7 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Short Film: Worth the Kiss (Hindi; 2013)
Telugu: Potugadu (2013) as ‘Mary’
Bollywood: Bobby Jasoos (2014) as ‘Aftreen’
Television: Stories by Rabindranath Tagore (2015) as ‘Mrignoyonee’
Punjab-Haryanvi: Vekh Baraatan Challiyan (2017) as ‘Saroj’
Web Series: Sacred Games (2018-19) as ‘Megha Singh’
|Date of Birth||29 May 1987 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Gyan Bharati School, Saket, New Delhi|
|College/University||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||BCom from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi|
|Controversies||In 2019, she acted in the web series ‘Panchali.’ Anupriya found herself in the midst of controversy after makers of the web series accused Anupriya of being unprofessional for not promoting the show. Later, Anupriya released her statements regarding the matter. In an interview, clearing her stance, she said, IB Times-Internet Archive
The first three intimate scenes were to be shot in silhouette and dim light and no scene of any intimate nature was to extend beyond 30 seconds each. During the shoot of the first 3 scenes, as if was fully lit, I was once again reassured that in post the scenes would be dimmed and on edit the scenes wouldn’t extend beyond what discussed. Again to realise that once again I was manipulated and as each scene was released for a duration of 3 to 4 minutes in bright light. I felt let down and admit did not want to promote the project at all, but after having a talk with Mr. Sushant Singh (CINTAA HEAD), I agreed to go promote the series. My PR team, in fact even followed up with their PR team for PR strategy, dates, constantly. Asked for details of interviews they planned with journalists but nothing was ever shared with us. They only wanted me to have a picture with the CEO of Ullu to put on medianet in TIMES. In spite of all the bad blood I was willing to promote the series, but I can’t be made to promote a channel in particular or act as their brand ambassador.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Vaibhav Raj Gupta (Rumoured; Actor)
|Parents||Father– Ravindra Kumar Goenka (Garment Entrepreneur)
Mother– Pushpa Goenka (Homemaker)
|Actor||Leonardo DiCaprio, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress||Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra|
|Perfume||Beautiful by Estée Lauder|
|Colour||White, Red, Black|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anupriya Goenka
- Anupriya Goenka is an Indian actress who works mainly in Bollywood and South Indian Film Industry.
- She was born in Kanpur into a business family. Due to their failed business in Kanpur, they shifted to Delhi after a few years of her birth.
- After completing high school, Anupriya worked at a call centre and then in the corporate sector. At the same time, she got an opportunity to attend a one-month workshop by the National School of Drama (NSD). She enjoyed the workshop and also became interested in theatre and acting.
- After completing her schooling, at the age of 18, she starting assisting her father in his business. The business failed, and she had to go to Jaipur with her family and work in the corporate sector, thus, becoming a breadwinner of the family.
- In 2008, Anupriya Goenka came to Mumbai at her maternal grandparents’ house for some business purposes. She was mesmerised by the city and decided to work there. She started working in the corporate sector, but, the theatre caught her interest. Later, she brought a house in Thane and also shifted her family there. At the same time, she also started acting in theatre. However, she juggled between acting and corporate sector.
- She has also worked as a host for the home shopping channel ShopCJ for more than a year.
- The Indian actor, theatre director, and acting coach Neeraj Kabi, who met Anupriya during the workshop by NSD mentored her. Talking about Kabi, she said,
Neeraj sir, is my first acting teacher. One can say that he introduced me to acting. I remember how I used to go to his class from my corporate job, always scared of getting late.. as he wouldn’t have it and how my leaving at 530pm was the most confusing thing for my boss.. At that time it was just something I was doing to explore something different.. for some soul searching.. never thought of it as a career and Neeraj sir made me fall in love with acting..”
- She began acting in commercials, and in 2013, came into focus when she became the face of UPA Government’s “Bharat Nirman” ad campaign.
- She credits Pradeep Sarkar (Writer & Director) who selected her for a political ad campaign (Bharat Nirman), for her initial success in the industry. Talking about him, she says,
It was an advertisement of a sanitary napkin by Pradeep Sarkar from where he selected me for that political ad campaign. It was Pradeep Sarkar who instilled confidence in me and changed my perception towards Bollywood. Initially, I was scared of Bollywood but after working with dada (Pradeep Sarkar) I felt that good people are there in this industry. Dada was instrumental in my initial success.”
- She shot to fame after featuring in the role of a lesbian along with actress & designer, Neha Panda, in Myntra’s advertisement. The ad turned out to be India’s first lesbian advertisement, which is part of the ‘Bold is Beautiful’ series of the clothing brand ‘Anouk.’
- She also auditioned for the lead role in Salman Khan‘s film, Sultan, but failed to make it in the film. Talking about it, she said,
I was auditioned for ‘Sultan’ for the lead role in 2015. My auditions were very detailed as it was for the female lead. They took around 10-11 auditions for it in the span of 2 weeks. It was very hectic and tiring for me. My base was in sync with the casting team though it didn’t work out.”
- She was set to make her acting debut with Rohan Sippy directorial 24-episodes infinite series “Yakshi.” The pilot episode for the show was shot, but somehow, the show got shelved.
- She has acted in many Indian films, Paathshala (2014), Daddy (2017), Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), Padmaavat (2018), and War (2019). She has acted in a number of web and television series such as Sacred Games (2018-19), Criminal Justice (2019), Panchali (2019), and Asur (2020).
- She has appeared in the advertisement of various popular brands, Coke, Garnier, Stayfree, Kotak Mahindra, Pepperfry, and Dabur.
- She is an active philanthropist and is associated with ‘Down to Earth’ organization. In an interview, she revealed that one of her brothers has cerebral palsy, therefore, she wishes to work with such special children. She further stated that she also wanted to work for women.
- Apart from acting, she is also good at painting.
- She is an avid animal lover and has a dog named ‘Sugar.’
|↑2||IB Times-Internet Archive|