|Real Name||Chelsea Elizabeth Manning (born Bradley Edward Manning)|
|Unit||2nd BCT, 10th Mountain Division|
|Service Years||Active duty: 2007–10
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 50 kg
in Pounds- 110 lbs
|Date of Birth||17 December 1987|
|Age (as in 2016)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Crescent, Oklahoma, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Oklahoma, United States|
|School||Tasker Milward Voluntary Controlled School, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, South West Wales|
|College/University||Montgomery College, Montgomery County, Maryland|
|Educational Qualifications||College Drop-out|
|Family||Father– Brian Manning
Mother– Susan Fox
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Casey Manning (older)
|Ethnicity||Welsh (mother), American (father)|
|Hobbies||Computer Programming, Reading, Writing|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chelsea Manning
- Does Chelsea Manning smoke?: Not Known
- Does Chelsea Manning drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born as Bradley Edward Manning in Oklahoma City.
- She was the 2nd child of Susan Fox (from Wales) and Brian Manning (from America).
- Her father had joined the United States Navy and served for 5 years as an Intelligent Analyst.
- Her father, Brian, met her mother, Susan, in Wales, while stationed in Wales.
- In 1979, the couple returned to the United States. They first settled in California and then moved to Oklahoma, where they bought a 2-story house.
- According to Chelsea’s sister, Casey, both their parents were alcoholics.
- A Navy psychiatrist, Captain David Moulton, told that Chelsea’s mother had drunk continually while pregnant with Chelsea that resulted in ‘fetal alcohol syndrome’ to Chelsea.
- Chelsea’s sister, Casey, became her principal caretaker. According to the court reports, she was fed only baby food and milk until the age of 2. While Chelsea became an adult, her height reached 5 ft 2 in & weighed around 48 kg (105 pounds).
- Her mother was extremely alcoholic and spent her days drinking.
- Neighbors and friends considered the Mannings a troubled family.
- At the age of 10, Chelsea created a website and learned how to use PowerPoint.
- At the age of 13, Manning told one of his friends that he was a gay.
- After the divorce of her parents, she moved to Haverfordwest Wales along with her mother.
- While at the Tasker Milward secondary school in Wales, Manning set up an online message board- angeldyne.com., which offered music and games downloads.
- Being the only American, she became the target of bullying at school.
- In 2005, Manning returned to the United States at the age of 17 and started living with her father in Oklahoma City where he was living with his 2nd wife and her child.
- She got a job as a developer at a software company, Zoto.
- Manning developed a sour relation with her step-mother, and in 2006, she reportedly threatened her step-mother with a knife.
- In 2007, Manning’s father asked her to consider joining the Military Services.
- On 2 October 2007, she started training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. She was bullied by her colleagues there. She had a breakdown and was discharged of her training. However, she was allowed to start her basic training again in 2008.
- In August 2008, she was posted to Iraq where she met Tyler Watkins who was studying psychology and neuroscience. She developed a great rapport with Watkins.
- In 2009, Manning wrote to a gender counselor in the United States to discuss having surgery to turn to a female.
- Manning was having a problem to live as an openly gay as there was a risk of being discharged.
- In 2010, Manning leaked almost 750,000 documents including 150,000 diplomatic cables to the hacking group WikiLeaks. Manning disclosed details of the identities of American military allies, American military operations, and placed sensitive and secret American diplomatic relationships at risk.
- She was charged with violating the ‘US Espionage Act’ and sentenced to 35 years in prison. However, her sentence was commuted to 7 years in prison by Barack Obama (the then US President).
- On 17 May 2017, Chelsea was released from the jail.