|Full Name||Daniel Luca Vettori|
|Nicknames||Martha, Harry Potter, Lucas, Danny, Dan|
|Profession||Former Cricketer of New Zealand|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 190 cm
in meters– 1.91 m
in feet inches– 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 84 kg
in pounds– 185.19 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 13 inches
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI– New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Christchurch (25 March 1997)
Test– New Zealand v England at Wellington (6-10 February 1997)
T20– Kenya v New Zealand at Durban (12 September 2007)
|Jersey Number||#11 (New Zealand)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||New Zealand, Delhi Daredevils, ICC World XI, Jamaica Tallawahs, Northern Districts, Nottinghamshire, Queensland, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Warwickshire|
|Records (main ones)||• Youngest player (age- 18) to play both Tests and ODIs for New Zealand.
• Second New Zealand bowler (after Richard Hadlee) to take 300th test wickets.
• Scored maximum 3,000 runs with five centuries, at no. 8, in test cricket.
• Youngest spinner (21 years old) to get 100 wickets in tests.
• Claimed 12 wickets against Australia at Eden Park (in 2000).
• Only left-arm spinner in test history to take 362 wickets in 113 test matches.
|Career Turning Point||December 2006, proved himself allrounder (batting at no.5) in the ODI against Sri Lanka.
Helped his team to win 8 out of 11 ODI matches and became permanent captain of the New Zealand team in 2007.
|Date of Birth||27 January 1979|
|Age (as in 2018)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Nationality||New Zealander (Kiwi)|
|School||Marian School and St. Paul’s Collegiate School, Hamilton (New Zealand)|
|Family||Father– Renzo Vettori (a finance director)
Mother– Robyn Vettori
Brother– Nicholas Vettori
|Address||Hamilton, in the North Island of New Zealand|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Batsmen– Rahul Dravid, Adam Gilchrist
Bowlers– Shane Warne, Muttiah Muralitharan
|Favourite Cricket Grounds||Lord’s and Basin Reserve|
|Favourite Food||Chocolate Pudding|
|Favourite Games||Soccer, Golf and Rugby|
|Favourite Movie||Hollywood– Resevoir Dogs|
|Favourite Music||Weezer, Garfunkel, and Simon’s|
|Girls, Family & More|
Son– James (born 8 March 2009)
|Car Collection||Merdes SUV|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹22 crores, $3.5 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Daniel Vettori
- Does Daniel Vettori smoke?: Not Known
- Does Daniel Vettori drink alcohol?: Yes
- His father is from Italy and his mother is a New- Zealander.
- He was the captain of soccer and cricket teams at his school.
- His cousins, David Hill (a rugby union player) and Joseph Hill are the good cricketers. His uncle, Tony Hill also plays cricket.
- He was offered a scholarship to study Health Sciences at Waikato University, but he preferred cricket over that.
- He is considered as one of the best left-arm spinners in the world.
- He is the only cricketer who has scored maximum 3,000 runs with six centuries and 23 half-centuries at no. 8th position in the test cricket.
- His centuries are- 138 against Pakistan (2003), 127 against Zimbabwe (2005), 134 against Pakistan (2009), 118 against India (2009), 140 against Sri Lanka (2009), and 110 against Pakistan (2011).
- In 2007, he was chosen as a captain in the Twenty20 World Championship and remained New Zealand’s captain till 2011.
- His total score is 4531 runs (at an average of 30.00) with 362 wickets (at an average of 34.36) in the test cricket.
- In 2009, he was chosen as a national selector.
- In 2011, He was selected as the officer of the New Zealand of Merit.
- He received ‘ICC Spirit of Cricket award’ in 2012 for his good performance against Zimbabwe.
- He is the head coach of Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL) and the Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash League.
- In the World Cup 2015, he picked up fifteen wickets in nine matches at an average of 20.5.
- He has hit 9674 runs and took 305 wickets (at an average of 31.71) in 295 ODIs.
- He has scored 205 (average of 12.81) and took 38 wickets (average of 19.68) in 34 T20 matches.
- In 2015, he resigned from all forms of cricket.
- He has been dismissed for a duck only 23 times.
- He is a member of the Royal Challengers Bangalore (of Indian Premier League) team and also joined the Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash League.
- He has the ability of batting and bowling with both hands.
- Among spinners, he is generally compared with Muttiah Muralitharan.
- He likes the Liverpool (a football club in England) and supports the Paramatta Eels (an Australian rugby league football club).
- He is a member of the Christchurch Casino in New Zealand.
- He likes to wear jeans or shorts and anything in which he feels comfortable without going after designer brands.