Age: 47 Years
Wife: Priya Runchal (Banker)
|Real Name||Farhan Irani|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Model, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6′
|Debut||Film: Jism (2003)
Production: Vicky Donor (2012)
|Awards/Honours||2004: Bollywood Movie Awards for Best Male Debut
2006: Rajiv Gandhi Award for his achievement in Bollywood
2009: Won Lions Club Award
2013: National Film Award for Vicky Donor, NDTV-Creative Entrepreneur of the Year
|Date of Birth||17 December 1972|
|Age (as in 2019)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Worli, Mumbai|
|College/University||Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai
Mumbai Educational Trust
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.A. in Economics from Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai
MBA from Mumbai Educational Trust
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian (Pescetarian and Eggetarian)|
|Address||Ashiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Biking and Gymming|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Photography, Travelling
Dislikes: Tattoos, Dancing in Parties
|Controversies||• In 2010, he appeared on a singing reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar, to promote his film ‘Jhootha Hi Sahi.’ After Sugandha Mishra’s performance, he went on stage and kissed her, which was not liked by her grandfather. Later, when John again appeared on the same show, he apologised for his act.
• In September 2016, he allegdly slapped a fan for his misbehaviour at the trailer launch event of the film ‘Force 2.’
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Riya Sen (Actress)
Bipasha Basu (Actress, 2004-2011)
Priya Runchal (Banker)
|Marriage Date||3 January 2014|
|Wife/Spouse||Priya Runchal (Banker, m. 2014-present)
|Parents||Father– Abraham John (Architect)
Mother– Firoza Irani (Homemaker and Charity Worker)
|Siblings||Brother– Alan Abraham (Architect) (Younger)
Sister– Susy Mathew
|Food||Parsi or Kerala food; Dhansak, Patra-ni-Macchi, Prawn Patia, Thai Food, Puttu with Coconut Milk|
|Beverage(s)||Tea, Carrot Juice, Sour Cherry Wine called Visinata (drinks occasionally)|
|Dessert(s)||Kaju Katli, Chocolate Cookies|
|Actresses||Rani Mukerji, Hema Malini|
|Music Band(s)||Queensryche, Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, Hinder and Creed|
|Restaurant(s)||Suzette, Yoga House, Royal China, Thai Baan, Zuma|
|Colour(s)||White and Blue|
|Outfit||Jeans, T-shirts and Chappals|
|Cars Collection||Lamborghini Gallardo,
Nissan Terrano SUV
|Bikes Collection||Yamaha VMAX,
Yamaha R1, Suzuki Hayabusa
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 11 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 168 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Abraham
- Does John Abraham smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does John Abraham drink alcohol?: No
- He was born to a Malayali Narsani father and Parsi mother, and he was named Farhan Irani by his maternal side but uses John Abraham, which is reverse of his dad’s name, Abraham John.
- He was a big gadget freak and invented an idea of a cell phone game and named it Velocity, which was later programmed by a company named Small Devices.
- Since his childhood, he was an enthusiast athlete and participated in 100m and 200m races. He has also represented his school at the district level in 100m race event.
- John has worked as a media planner and promotion manager in organisations named Time & Space Media Entertainment Promotions Ltd and Enterprises Nexus.
- He dreamt of becoming an architect like his dad and brother, but destiny took him to the film industry.
- He won the runner-up title in Gladrags Manhunt Super Model Contest, and later, he also won the Manhunt International Contest.
- He has done an acting course to learn the basics of acting skills from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Laboratory.
- John is a big bike lover, and he bought his first bike- Yamaha Re 350 at the age of 18 for 17500.
- He was about to make debut in Rahul Rawail’s direction- Is Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, which was shelved after it’s 75 per cent of the shoot.
- He got inspired to stay fit after watching Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky IV and he was 22 at that time.
- He was featured in a Punjabi album titled Surma, a Jazzy B‘s album in which he played the role of a criminal investigator.
- In 2003, his voice was dubbed by some other actor in his debut film- Jism. It was John’s and Bipasha’s first movie together, and they were then in an 8-year long relationship.
- His father was a cancer patient and struggled to survive through it, and he wants to emulate his father in his strengths.
- He rose to prominence after his performance in the film Dhoom in 2004. Moreover, his hairstyle became a trendsetter among youth.
- In his real life, he hates going to late-night parties and clubs.
- He fell in love with Priya (his wife) at a gym in Bandra, when he was also dating Bipasha Basu. Soon, he came close to Priya and his relationship with Bipasha ended.
- John is a very good friend of cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni and was also seen wearing a jersey named Dhoni with number 7 in the movie- Desi Boyz.
- In a scene in the movie Force, he lifted a bike weighing 115 kg himself without any safety measures or harness.
- In an interview chat show- M Bole Toh, John disclosed that once he was surrounded by a lot of girls, who forcedly put their hands under his T-shirt, to which even John’s guards were not able to respond. Later, when the girls left, his chest was bleeding. When he asked one of the girls the reason behind that weird act, she said that she wanted his skin in his nails and he was shocked at this.
- John’s debut production- Vicky Donor was honoured with a National Award for the Best Popular Film Providing Popular Entertainment.
- His 2013 film- Madras Cafe was a big blockbuster hit and is one of the favourite films of him.
- John suffers from a deviated nasal septum, which means partially closed nose due to which he has to breathe through his mouth also.
- He owns a fitness entity named JA Fitness, a clothing brand named JA, and a production house named JA entertainment.
- He is a big fan of Valentino Rossi and he also gifted his film’s CD to Rossi.
- Despite owning such a big name and luxuries, his father still travels by bus and mother by auto.
- Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, and Hrithik Roshan are his best friends and they all were also in the same school.
- On four occasions, John replaced Akshay Kumar in the sequels i.e, Welcome, Aankhen, Awaara Paagal Deewana, and Hera Pheri 3.
- John is a pescetarian as he doesn’t eat meat, but eats fish and egg white.
- He is an ardent animal lover, has two pet dogs named Bailey and Sia. Moreover, he is actively involved with NGO’s like Habitat for Humanity and PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- In 2016, for his film Dishoom, besides quitting smoking, he had to smoke a lot for his role, which caused numerous troubles for him. However, he later went for detox too.
- He is an ardent football lover and is also the owner of the football team- NorthEast United Football Club, which competes in Indian Super League (ISL).
- He is the Indian brand ambassador for Reebok and Yamaha. Moreover, he is planning out to launch his bike racing team.