Husband: Yasin Malik
Age: 34 Years
|Full Name||Mushaal Hussein Mullick|
|Profession||Painting Artist & Social Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.7 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Dark Copper Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Women Rights award in Pakistan (2018)
• United Nations Women Excellence Award for Peace and Human Rights (2020)
|Date of Birth||Year: 1986|
|Age (as in 2020)||34 Years|
|College/University||The London School of Economics|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s in Economics|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||22 February 2009 (Sunday)|
|Husband/Spouse||Yasin Malik (Kashmiri Seperatist)
|Children||Daughter– Raziyah Sultana (Born in 2012)
|Parents||Father– M.A. Hussein Mullick (Died in 2002 of cardiac attack)
Mother– Rehana Hussein Mullick
|Siblings||Brother– Haider Mullick
Sister– Sabien Hussein Mullick
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mushaal Mullick
- Mushaal was born into a well-to-do Pakistani family. Her father was an internationally renowned economist, while her mother is a former secretary-general of Pakistan Muslim League (Women’s Wing). Her brother Haider Ali Mullick is a Foreign Policy Scholar, Professor & Naval Officer in the USA.
- Mushaal Mullick is a painting artist. She started painting at the age of 6.
- She is famous for making semi-nude paintings.
- She has also painted several paintings in apathy with the Kashmiris.
- Mushaal is also the chairperson of a Peace and Culture organisation based in Pakistan. The organisation campaigns for global peace and harmony and promotes the preservation of culture and heritage.
- Mushaal first met Yasin Malik in 2005, when Yasin had gone to Islamabad to gather support for Kashmiri seperatist movement. Mushaal had also come to that program, where she heard him recite Faiz Ahmad Faiz’s famous protest poem “Hum Dekhenge”. Being impressed by Yasin’s speech she went up to him and said, “I liked your speech,” and in return, Yasin gave her his autograph. Thereafter, the couple fell in love and tied the knot in 2009.
- Mushaal is 20 years younger than Yasin Malik. Also, she says it was difficult to convince her parents for the marriage as her mother was afraid that struggle for the freedom of Kashmir could end up Yasin in jail. Open The Magazine
- She is a famous figure in Pakistan and has connections with bureaucrats and top politicians of Pakistan.
- Kashmiri militants which are recognised by the Indian establishment as terrorists, Mushaal sees them as Kashmiri freedom fighter. She paid tribute to Burhan Wani on his fourth death anniversary. Daily Times She said,
“Burhan was a revolutionary symbol and an icon who presented commendable sacrifices for the Kashmiri cause.”
- In December 2013, Mushaal and Yasin along with their 18 months daughter were shown the way out of a hotel in Delhi for promoting Kashmir separatism. India Today
- She has stated in an interview, that she doesn’t support the orthodox Muslim traits. Unlike the majority of Muslim girls in Pakistan, she doesn’t wear a Burqa.
- Ever since Yasin has been put in jail in 2019, she keeps seeking for his release through one way or the other. She claims Yasin is a freedom fighter who is peacefully fighting for the freedom of Kashmir and he is being victimised by the Indian state. In reality, Yasin Malik is in jail not because he is a Kashmiri separatist, but because he is a former militant who has the blood of several Indian security officials and innocent Kashmiri Pandits on his hands. His name is associated in the killing of Justice Neelkanth Ganjoo (1989), kidnapping the Home Minister of India Mufti Mohammad Sayeed’s daughter in 1989, killing four IAF personnel in 1990, terror-funding and many other serious cases. Here is an interview Yasin gave to BBC, where he has admitted to having killed Justice Ganjoo, Indian security officials and many others.
|↑1||Open The Magazine|