|Famous For||• Being the younger sister of the 2015 UPSC Civil Services topper and IAS Tina Dabi
• Holding All India 15th rank in UPSC CSE, 2020
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||12 July 1998 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Convent of Jesus & Mary, Delhi|
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||BA in Political Science The Hindu|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste The Hindu|
|Address||BSNL Colony Kali Bari Marg, Delhi|
|Parents||Father– Jaswant Dabi (General Manager in BSNL, Delhi)
Mother– Himani Dabi (Former Indian Engineering Services (IES) officer)
|Siblings||Sister– Tina Dabi (IAS Officer; image in parents’ section)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ria Dabi
- Ria Dabi is the 15 All India Rank holder in the Union Public Service Commission examination held in 2020. She is the younger sister of the IAS officer Tina Dabi.
- She was born in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, and her family moved to Delhi when her elder sister, Tina, was in class 7.
- Before she and her sister, her parents cracked the UPSC Indian Engineering Services (IES) Exam.
- Ria started preparing for civil service after completing her graduation. During an interview, she shared the important factors required to clear the exam. She said,
While I was in college, I started my preparation but it was tough to handle both so I actually started after 2019. I would say that the key to cracking the UPSC examination is consistent hard work, discipline and a lot of patience. There are many sacrifices that you have to make while preparing, like giving up on your social life but you have to do that to stay consistent and disciplined.”
- For better guidance, she joined the General Studies Prelims cum Mains programme (2019-20) at the IAS coaching centre Vajiram & Ravi Coaching Centre, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. Twitter After her coaching classes, she used to study for 10 hours daily at home. His total scores were 1021 (859 in the written test and 162 in the personality test).
- During an interview, she shared that she didn’t lose hope when the UPSC exams were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, and she continued her studies through online coaching classes. She further shared that though she was active on social media, she never (either thought will come or but will come, they both are used to show contrast). She continued,
Caste system is extremely rigid and I think it should not exist. I was 18 when my elder sister came first in UPSC. It was highly motivating. But if you ask me who my inspiration is, I would say it’s my mother.”
- The IAS officer and Ria’s elder sister, Tina Dabi, took to Instagram to share the result of Ria Dabi. She wrote,
I am delighted to share that my younger sister Ria Dabi @ria.dabi has got rank 15 in UPSC 2020 exam.”
- In leisure time, Ria loves to do painting, read books, and travel to different places.
View this post on Instagram
- As per her Instagram account, she is a foodie and loves to try different cuisines.
|↑1, ↑2||The Hindu|