|Profession(s)||Actor and Assistant Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|Debut||Film (Assistant Director): Guzaarish (2010)
Film (Actor): Hero (2019) as Suraj Kaushik
|Awards||2015: Stardust Awards for Best Jodi (Pair) of The Year (shared with Athiya Shetty) for Hero
2016: Filmfare Awards for Best Male Debut for Hero
|Date of Birth||9 November 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|School||Pali Hill School in Mumbai
Note: Later, he completed his schooling from an open school as he had no interest in studies.
|Educational Qualification||Class 12 Vogue|
|Religious Views||He was born to a Hindu father and a Muslim mother. He is inclined toward the teachings of Jesus Christ. Vogue|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Filmfare|
|Controversy||In 2013, he was interrogated by the Mumbai Police in Jiah Khan suicide case. It is said that Jiah Khan was in the state of depression because of her falling career & relationship with Sooraj Pancholi. India Today
Jiah Khan Suicide Case Timeline:
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Jiah Khan (actor and model; died on 3 June 2013)
• Larissa Bonesi (rumoured ex-girlfriend; actress)
|Parents||Father– Aditya Pancholi (actor, producer, and singer)
Mother– Zarina Wahab (actor)
|Siblings||Sister– Sana Pancholi (restaurateur; image in parents’ section)|
|Other Relative(s)||• Grandfather- Rajan Pancholi
Faris McReynolds (Los Angeles based artiste and singer)
Natasha Pancholi Khatod (actress, producer, writer)
Aditi Singh (actress)
|Actor(s)||Salman Khan and Ranveer Singh|
|Shoe Brand||Roberto Cavalli|
|Fashion Icon||Saif Ali Khan|
|Film Director||Kabir Khan|
|Fitness Idol(s)||Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone|
|Car Collection||• Jeep Wrangler
• Mercedes Benz M250D
• Mercedes Benz G63 AMG
• Toyota Fortuner
• BMW 5-Series
• Jaguar XJL Autobizz
|Bike Collection||Ducati Streetfighter V4 S
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sooraj Pancholi
- Sooraj Pancholi is an Indian actor, who came into the news for being the boyfriend of the British-American actress Jiah Khan.
- His ancestors are from Gujarat, and he was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- In 2012, he worked as an assistant director in the Hindi film ‘Ek Tha Tiger.’
- Some of his Hindi films as an actor are ‘Satellite Shankar’ (2019), ‘Time to Dance’ (2021), and ‘Hawa Singh’ (under production as of 2022).
- He has appeared in the Hindi music videos such as “GF BF” (2016) by Gurinder Seagal and “Dim Dim Lights” (2019) by Rahul Jain.
- Sooraj has been featured on the cover of popular magazines like Filmfare, Society, Stardust, and Exhibit.
- During an interview, he shared one of his best memories from his debut film ‘Hero’ (2015). He said in a scene from the film he had to touch Aditya Pancholi’s (his real-life father) feet, and it was his first time ever touching his feet.
- Sooraj is an avid animal lover. He has seven dogs at his home. The Times of India
- He loves to maintain his fitness and almost daily workouts in the gym.
- He enjoys playing football and road cycling.
- Sooraj Pancholi once shared that he drinks alcohol. Bangalore Mirror
- In an interview, while talking about his involvement in the Jiah Khan suicide case, he said,
I am a little satisfied with this because my case should have been in the special CBI Court from the beginning. Now that the matter is in the CBI Court, I am hopeful that we will see closure to this. If the court finds me guilty, I should be penalised, but if it doesn’t, I deserve to be set free from these charges.”
No one understands that it was her decision to do that (commit suicide), you know, it was her choice. It was her mental state to do that. And I think to blame someone for it is really unfair. Because today what if I do that to myself? Who will get blamed? I would blame the media for it because they have put a lot of pressure on me writing false things about me but you can’t really blame things on other people. I think an individual has to be strong and more than boyfriend support, they need family support and I don’t know why the family was not there for her. I have actually been silent because I respect that family. I respect what the family has been through. But the media has become very irresponsible. They only care about their TRPs. There are times when I’m in Court and things have been in my favour and a lot of journalists were there. I asked them, “Will you write this?” They told me they won’t because it’s a positive story and it won’t track. It’s unfair but I also believe in time.”
- He admires the Indian actor Salman Khan and considers him his role model. During an interview, while talking about Salman, Sooraj said,
I don’t really know because whenever I ask him why he has helped me, he has no answer. My parents have known him but they are not friends with him. It’s not like they are always at his Eid parties or at his home or my father’s having a drink with him! This has never been the case. He once generally called me, years back, when I was about 19-years-old. He called me on my phone and said Sooraj come to Yash Raj’s office and meet me. I met him. He asked me to assist Kabir Khan. I assisted. That’s when I became a bit friendly with him. That’s where he got to know me. I don’t know why he helped me.”
|↑7||The Times of India|