|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||Film (supporting actor): Qismat (2018) as Aman
Film (lead actor): Sufna (2020) as Teg
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• The National level award for Classical Dancer in 2008
• Miss Amritsar 2011
• Best Actor of the Year (GNDU) (2012-2016)
• Brit Asia TV Awards for the best supporting role in the Punjabi film ‘Qismat’ (2018)
|Date of Birth||6 May 1993 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|College/University||BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar, Punjab (graduated with 98%)|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Postgraduate degree in Interior Designing and Project Management
• Four-year course in theatre at Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar, Punjab Tribune India
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (Doctor)
Mother– Anju Arora
|Siblings||Sister– Tamannah (younger)
|Actor(s)||Diljit Dosanjh, Varun Dhawan, and Naseeruddin Shah|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tania
- Does Tania drink alcohol?: Yes Instagram- Tania
- Tania is an Indian actress who has mainly worked in Punjabi films.
- She was brought up in Amritsar, Punjab, and later, she shifted to Canada.
- While she was studying theatre at Guru Nanak Dev University in Punjab, she won the best actor award several times.
- Tania is a trained Indian classical dancer and has performed in various national level Indian classical dance competitions.
- She won the Miss BBK DAV title, while she was studying at BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar, Punjab.
- She got an offer to play the role of Sarabjit’s daughter in the Hindi film ‘Sarabjit’ (2016), but she rejected the offer as her final exams date and film shooting dates were clashing.
- She then made her debut in the Punjabi film ‘Qismat’ in 2018 which turned to be the biggest hit of the year in Pollywood.
- She then appeared as a supporting actor in various Punjabi films such as ‘Son of Manjeet Singh’ (2018) as Simran, ‘Guddiyan Patole’ (2019) as Nicole, and ‘Rabb Da Radio 2’ (2019) as Manjinder’s cousin sister.
- In 2021, she was roped in the sequel of the Punjabi film ‘Qismat’ titled ‘Qismat 2’ alongside the Indian actors Sonam Bajwa and Ammy Virk.
- In an interview, she shared that her childhood dream was to become an actor. She said,
Since childhood I wanted to become an actress, I just could not tell my parents. It actually took me years to tell them, as they would not have accepted it. Our profession is very uncertain; today you are earning good and the next day you don’t have work at all. Parents feel that you either should be in a business where you have control over your money, or you should do a job and get a fixed salary every month. And according to me once you start there’s no looking back until unless there’s a flaw in your work. So gradually as I grew up I gathered the courage, and I told my parents.”
So I did my plus two with medicine. Then I told them that I don’t want to study medicine any more, I took the subject in plus two only for their sake. I even said I don’t want to study at all. Though I was a scholar; in graduation I got 98 percent, then I did post graduation also. But all my parents wanted at that time was for me to become a doctor. They made me sit in PMT. I said fine I will sit in the test but I don’t want to become a doctor, because I was leaning more towards a creative field. So when I joined college, I did theatre for four years, and then I did my post graduation. So it took me 6 years to complete my studies and then finally I got permission to get into films.”
- Tania has appeared in various Punjabi music videos in 2020 such as “Teri Meri Ladayi” by Maninder Buttar, “Me & U” by Gippy Grewal, and “Kya Baat Aa” by Karan Aujla.
- She has been shooting for the Punjabi films ‘Bajre Da Sitta,’ ‘Sufna 2,’ and ‘Lekh’ as of October 2021.
- Tanis is an animal lover and owns a few pet dogs.
- She loves reading books and travelling in her leisure time.
- During an interview, Tania shared that she was fond of lipsticks.
- Tania has been featured on the cover page of various magazines.
- She gained 13.4 kg bodyweight for her role in the Punjabi film ‘Lekh.’ She shared a post of the same on her Instagram account.
View this post on Instagram