Age: 57 Years
Wife: Pooja Kapoor Kwatra
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1965|
|Age (as of 2022)||57 Years|
|College/University||• G. B. Pant University of Agriculture, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand
• Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Sc. Agriculture and Animal Husbandry (Hons.) from G. B. Pant University of Agriculture, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand
• Diploma in International Relations from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Pooja Kapoor Kwatra (educational consultant, curriculum developer, teacher)
|Children||Son(s)– Vinay Mohan Kwatra has two sons. One his sons name is Abhishek Kwatra. Abhishek works as a Hardware engineer at Microsoft.
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vinay Mohan Kwatra
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra is an Indian diplomat who will be serving as the 34th Foreign Secretary of India from May 2022. Previously, he has served as ambassador to France.
- Kwatra started his journey as an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer in 1998.
- His first posting was as a third secretary and then second secretary in the Permanent Mission of India in Geneva until 1993.
- While serving in the Permanent Mission of Mission in Geneva, he learnt the French language, meanwhile handling the Human Rights Commission and work relating to UN specialized agencies. He also earned a diploma in International Relations from the Graduate School of International Studies in Geneva.
- Between 1993 and 2003, he served as a desk officer at the IFS headquarters in New Delhi, initially dealing with the United Nations and later with South Africa and Uzbekistan.
- Between 2003 and 2006, he served as a Counsellor and later as the Deputy Chief of Mission in the Embassy of India, Beijing, China.
- He represented India at the SAARC Secretariat in Nepal for 4 years, from 2006 to 2010, as head of the Trade, Economy and Finance Bureau.
- From May 2010 to July 2013, he served as Minister (Commerce) in the Embassy of India, Washington, D.C., United States.
- Between July 2013 and October 2015, Kwatra served as the head of the Policy Planning & Research Division of the Ministry of External Affairs and later headed the Americas Division in the Foreign Ministry, where he dealt with India’s relations with the United States and Canada.
- In 2015, he joined Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office as the joint secretary and worked there till 2017.
- In August 2017, he started serving as the Ambassador of India to France.
- After serving as Ambassador of India to France till February 2020, he was appointed as Ambassador of India to Nepal in March 2020.
- The former PMO official has also dealt with the UN organisations such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) apart from serving as India’s Ambassador and Permanent Delegate to UNESCO.
- While Vinay Mohan Kwatra was serving as an Ambassador of India to Nepal, in 2022, he was declared the 34th Foreign Secretary of India. He will take charge as the Foreign Secretary after the retirement of incumbent Harsh Vardhan Shringla on 30 April 2022.
- He is fluent in three languages, Hindi, English and French.
|↑1||The Indian Express|